These conveyance maps show the areas which would become the Wickford Garden Village in 1909.
The first map, dated 27th October, shows the area bounded by the railway line to the west and by Swan Lane to the east. This area is in two parishes, Wickford and Downham.
The second map, dated 29th October, shows the area bounded by Swan Lane to the west, Church End Lane to the north and the Broadway and Runwell Road to the south. Again this area falls into two parishes, this time Wickford and Runwell.
The maps also show the position of houses and businesses at the time. Wickford Station, the Cattle Market, the Castle Inn, Stilemans Farm, the Manse on Swan Lane and Runwell School opposite St Mary’s church are all highlighted.