The Harrows public house was originally in Harrow Road, North Benfleet. See photos below.
The night of July 1914 it burned to the ground. It was being prepared for the Harvest Festival supper and all the tables and food were lost. The photos showed the temporary marquee erected to allow the pub to stay open to the public.
It was rebuilt in 1915, but now at right angles to Harrow Road, and continued to hold the licence until the new pub, which retained the name The Harrows, was built on the new A127 in 1927.
The old building in Harrow Road became two private houses.
The Arterial Road pub is now called the Dick Turpin.