These pictures show the new Police Station being built in January 1966. It finally opened to the public on 6th June 1966, in London Road.
The previous Police Station had opened in 1936. The white building still stands with its extra room used as an office. No cells, prisoners were taken to Billericay. The wooden shed was used later on during wartime and afterwards