‘West View’ is one of the oldest houses in Belmont Avenue, being built in 1905 and sold in 1906.
The plot of land had been sold in 1903 by J Gigney to a builder from East Hanningfield, named John Rayner. At that time Belmont Avenue was in the Parish of Downham.
The west view from the house was, until the 1960s, across fields. Now that view is of modern houses built in the 60s.
The photographs below show ‘West View’ in 1949.