The Harrows public house

A public house has been recorded on or near the site of the present Dick Turpin PH . Eleanor Sharp is recorded as the LicenceeĀ  of the HARROW.Internet searches record licencees until 1962 ,when it was owned by Copes Taverns.There is no mention of the site being altered but, there is a picture of the Pub in 1915 which bears no relation to the current building which is recorded as being built in 1927 around the time when the A127 Southend Arterial road was built. There are further pictures of it in 1930 and 1938.

The picture we have is c1950 when the forecourt was used as a terminus for Campbells Coaches,bus route to Pitsea Railway station.

The pub is currently called the Dick Turpin

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+