Wickford's Catholic Churches - Our Lady Of Good Counsel Church
The Parish of Our Lady of Good Counsel began life in January, 1924 as a Mass Centre, served from the parish of Stock. The first church was opened on 27th May, 1928 and the first resident priest was appointed in 1932. The parish was formally established in 1935. The second church (which is now Our Lady’s Hall) was opened in November 1951 and the present church was opened on 20th December 1972 and consecrated by Bishop Patrick Casey on 8th December, 1976, when the relics of the martyrs Saints Clement and Victoria were inserted in the altar.